Wednesday 27 July 2011

I want a 50's kitchen

Well, we have already bought our kitchen for our house and it is so far removed from 1950's!. Think stainless steel neff appliances and beech units. All I really want is a stand alone dresser, enamel bread bins and kitsch china.









Now, the accessories I can get together. But I have to do something about the beech units!. I am think about using 'Plastikote'. It is basically a spray paint that can be used on a million and one different surfaces.

'Why not give your tired kitchen units a new lease of life? You can use spray paints to quickly refresh your existing cupboards and drawers, making it simple to achieve the look of a new set of units at a fraction of the price and a minimum of effort.' (From the Plastikote website)

I'm super excited to revamp our kitchen now and as soon as I start I will be posting with progress. I shall have my 50's kitchen!.

Lauren x

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with your new kitchen! Its fun redecorating with a 50's theme! Best Wishes and look forward to seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You did up an English Rose authentic vintage kitchen with spray paint. Which kind/finish did you use?
    I am familiar with Plastikote products. Just seen one for MDF and melamine. Wondered if this is the one?

    ReplyDelete